MasinoChangePwd extension is useful for those of you who want to customize the Change Password page that generated by PHPMaker. With this extension, you will see a new look and view of the form for the Change Password page.
I also added the password strength meter feature in the Change Password page, so that user will feel comfortable when typing the new password.
There are some additional constants that were added into your configuration (ewcfg9.php) file for displaying CAPTCHA and Security Password Policies on the Change Password page.
If you want to enable/display the CAPTCHA on the Change Password page, adjust to this:
define("MS_SHOW_CAPTCHA_ON_CHANGE_PASSWORD_PAGE", TRUE, TRUE);
If you want to disable/hide the CAPTCHA on the Change Password page, adjust to this:
define("MS_SHOW_CAPTCHA_ON_CHANGE_PASSWORD_PAGE", FALSE, TRUE);
These are the constants for Security Password Policies:
define("MS_PASSWORD_MINIMUM_LENGTH", 6, TRUE); // default minimum 6 characters define("MS_PASSWORD_MAXIMUM_LENGTH", 20, TRUE); // default maximum 20 characters define("MS_PASSWORD_MUST_COMPLY_WITH_MIN_LENGTH", TRUE, TRUE); define("MS_PASSWORD_MUST_COMPLY_WITH_MAX_LENGTH", TRUE, TRUE); define("MS_PASSWORD_MUST_INCLUDE_AT_LEAST_ONE_NUMBER", TRUE, TRUE); define("MS_PASSWORD_MUST_INCLUDE_AT_LEAST_ONE_LETTER", TRUE, TRUE); define("MS_PASSWORD_MUST_INCLUDE_AT_LEAST_ONE_CAPS", TRUE, TRUE); define("MS_PASSWORD_MUST_INCLUDE_AT_LEAST_ONE_SYMBOL", TRUE, TRUE); define("MS_PASSWORD_MUST_DIFFERENT_OLD_AND_NEW", TRUE, TRUE);
You can enable/disable some or even all of them from the extension setting.
Updated on August 28, 2013: Excluded the custom language phrases from the extension into the .xml language file.
Updated on September 6, 2013: Implemented CSS Sprites. You can also see the example usage from the Menu Editor and from Menu_Rendering server event of the demo project.
Last Updated on February 13, 2014: Now supports for RTL (Right-To-Left) style.
My customizations that has been handled by MasinoChangePwd extension are:
- How to Customize Change Password Page in Websites that Generated with PHPMaker 9.0.1
- How to Show Password Strength Meter and Password Verification Features on Change Password Page in Websites that Generated by PHPMaker 9.0.2
- How to Log the Change and Reset Password Activities into Audit Trail of Websites that Generated by PHPMaker 9.0.2
- How to Implement Strong Password Policies in Websites that Generated by PHPMaker 9.0.2
- Please use this extension only for PHPMaker version 9.2.0. This extension may not be working properly in the older version of PHPMaker.
- Please do not use this extension with the modified PHPMaker 9.2.0 Template and Extension files. Use this extension only in PHPMaker 9.2.0 clean installation with the original template and extension. In other words, do not use MasinoChangePwd extension together with the customized PHPMaker 9.2.0 Template and the customized PHPMaker 9.2.0 Extension files.
- Since this extension is also related to my other extensions, then make sure you have enabled MasinoHeaderFooter, MasinoFixedWidthSite, MasinoCAPTCHA, and MasinoForgotPwd extensions, too.