MasinoForgotPwd extension is useful for those of you who want to customize the Forgot Password page that generated by PHPMaker. You will see a new look and view of the form for the Forgot Password page.
In addition, this extension also will add a new business process before system resets the user password. User has to confirm whether wants to reset the password by clicking the link in the Email before receiving the new password. In other words, user will get two emails. The first email contains a link to activate the new password. The second email contains the new password. If user does not click the link in the first email, then the password will not be reset. This will prevent someone who knows about the email that belongs to other user resets the password without confirmation from the proper user.
When a user resets his/her password, then it will be logged into the Audit Trail (if this feature is enabled from PHPMaker), too. So now you can easily monitor your users activities including resetting their password from Request Password page.
There is some additional constants also that were added into your generated configuration (ewcfg9.php) file. It is useful for displaying CAPTCHA on the Forgot Passworpd page.
If you want to enable/display the CAPTCHA on the Forgot Password page, adjust to this:
define("MS_SHOW_CAPTCHA_ON_FORGOT_PASSWORD_PAGE", TRUE, TRUE);
If you want to disable/hide the CAPTCHA on the Forgot Password page, adjust to this:
define("MS_SHOW_CAPTCHA_ON_FORGOT_PASSWORD_PAGE", FALSE, TRUE);
If you want to enable Audit Trail for resetting password acitivites, then adjust to this:
define("MS_RESET_PASSWORD_AUDIT_TRAIL", TRUE, TRUE);
otherwise, then adjust it to the following condition:
define("MS_RESET_PASSWORD_AUDIT_TRAIL", FALSE, TRUE);
Updated on August 14, 2013 - Now password can be reset without having to depend on Email Sending process. In addition, the Email field name is now derived from SecEmailFld property of PROJ object of PHPMaker; this means that the Email field name is generated dynamically based on the related setting in PHPMaker instead of writing the hardcode in the extension side.
Updated on August 28, 2013: Excluded the custom language phrases from the extension into the .xml language file.
Updated on September 6, 2013: Implemented CSS Sprites. You can also see the example usage from the Menu Editor and from Menu_Rendering server event of the demo project.
Last Updated on February 13, 2014: Now supports for RTL (Right-To-Left) style.
My customizations that has been handled by MasinoForgotPwd extension are:
- How to Customize Forgot Password Page in Websites that Generated with PHPMaker 9.0.1
- How to Log the Change and Reset Password Activities into Audit Trail of Websites that Generated by PHPMaker 9.0.2
- How to Save Reset Password Date into User Profile in Websites that Generated by PHPMaker 9.0.2
- Please use this extension only for PHPMaker version 9.2.0. This extension may not be working properly in the older version of PHPMaker.
- Please do not use this extension with the modified PHPMaker 9.2.0 Template and Extension files. Use this extension only in PHPMaker 9.2.0 clean installation with the original template and extension. In other words, do not use MasinoForgotPwd extension together with the customized PHPMaker 9.2.0 Template and the customized PHPMaker 9.2.0 Extension files.
- Since this extension is also related to my other extensions, then make sure you have enabled MasinoHeaderFooter, MasinoFixedWidthSite, MasinoCAPTCHA, and MasinoChangePwd extensions, too.