Have you ever wanted to create the dynamic selection feature in your web application? Well, I have and implementing it very often in almost web applications I created.
In this article, I will show you how you can create it easily and quickly using PHPMaker only less than 2 minutes.
I just created a video that will show you the demonstration how to achieve this by using PHPMaker.
Updated on February 10, 2013: This customization has been implemented in PHPMaker version 9.2.0, it matches to each other, and as a result, it works properly.
If you want to try it by yourself, please follow this steps:
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of PHPMaker. I was using PHPMaker version 9.1.0.
- Download PHPMaker-DynamicSelection.zip file. Extract it to your computer. There are two files inside: dynamicselection.pmp for running the PHPMaker project related to the sample above, and dynamicselection.sql for creating the database structure.
- Create a new MySQL database, for example, name it as dynamicselection, afterwards select that new database and run the dynamicselection.sql file using your favorite MySQL database tool to create the table schemas and inserting some records into it.
- Run the dynamicselection.pmp file, and it should call your installed PHPMaker application. The only change you should do is the database connection setting, change the Username and Password connection to your MySQL database from PHPMaker under the Database tab.
- Follow the steps just like being shown in my tutorial video above.